The Mother Nature Problem


In the last few weeks I have had some eye opening experiences that have reminded me how old I am. It’s not that I am in denial about my age, but sometimes Mother Nature bashes you over the head to remind you that you are no spring chicken. (Gentle laughing) That Mother Nature is a Maaad Scientist friends. I am not going to lie to you…I don’t care for her so much.

For example, the other day I came out of the mall and couldn’t find my car.

Really?” I said to myself, “Are we really to this point in my life where I can’t even remember where I parked twenty minutes ago? Really? (With my voice going up at the end)”

So there I wandered in the 100 degree heat searching for my little white Civic. When suddenly, and without warning I spotted her not 10 steps from where I was standing.  Ah, It was a South Towne Shopping Center miracle, I tell you!

So I got out my key and tried to unlock the door…but nothing happened. The key didn’t feel like it was going in correctly. So I pulled out the key, looked at it, and then tried again, fruitlessly.

So I did what any sane person would do in 100 degree heat I started jerking the key around, pounded on the door. I even licked my key to make sure it was properly lubricated…but still nothing.

So finally I started looking in the windows to see if I left one of the windows down so I could maybe stick a hanger or something in there to unlock the door. And then I notice something odd about my car…

Why is there a Lady Gaga CD on my seat…and when did I get black upholstery?

That’s right friends, it wasn’t my car. And to make matters worse the owner was walking out of the store right at the same moment I was looking into his windows. That made for a rather interesting conversation in an already awkward situation.

On a brighter note, I have learned that as I get older my emotions are well connected to my feelings. As was evidenced as I cried like a little girl as I was questioned by mall security.

Thanks Mother Nature, you’re the best!


Comments

Stephanie Abney said…
Too funny!! Been there, done that. Take a tip from your auntie ~ find the end of the row where the parking row number sign is and snap a photo of it with your cell phone. That way, at least you can start out on the correct row!!! ROFLACGU (rolling on floor laughing and can't get up).
Sara White said…
I had a friend do the same thing, only he got into the car and was ready to drive away to find that the back of the car was not his family, but someone else. They said, "Hey Mister, you have the wrong car." He found his car shortly after with the right family sitting in the back. It's nice to know we're not alone. PS- Glad to see you blogging again. I am always up for a good laugh.
Heidi said…
I've done that. . .

Glad you're back and blogging. :)
Kendra Leigh said…
So how lame am I that I did that same thing when I was 17?! I went so far as to basically break into the car only to sit in the driver's seat and realize "Hey, wait. I don't drive a stick-shift!" I was mortified. I got out of the car, walked around the HUGE 15-passenger van parked next to the car and saw my car. Sheesh.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pumpkin As An Adult

The Brady's Brick Square

The Elder's Quorum Lesson

The Wonder Women Transportation Problem

The Toilet Paper Decision

The Revelation of Others