The Shopping of Pants


I hate buying pants. There I’ve said it. Any other article of clothing I feel pretty confident about buying…except shirts, socks, and shoes…but anything else, super confident about it.

Friends, my zipper blew out of my pants yesterday.  And when I say “blew out” I literally mean that, it went flying out of my pants and hit someone in the face.

It’s all because I have put on some weight because I have started drinking egg nog a little prematurely this year. It’s a topic I don’t want really want to talk about because it makes me depressed and drives me into the loving arms of egg nog all over again. It’s a vicious cycle.

So anyway, I went to the mall yesterday hoping that I would find exactly what I was looking for, for under $20.00. Expectations a little too high? You betcha!

Can I ask a question? What is with skinny jeans, skinny dress pants, and plunging V-neck t-shirts that go to your belly button?

I don’t get it. They give me stress. How can anyone be comfortable in something so restrictive? It’s hard to say.

In my searching, once I did find a nice looking pair of pants it was either $500.00 or they didn’t have it in my size (I have come to accept that the pant size 34x34 is merely a myth, a legend. Frankly, I don’t think it really exists.)

So after going to every store in the mall I finally ended up in Eddie Bauer. Eddie is a good friend, we go way back and he is always good at having what I need in stock. He had the perfect pair of pants for me on the clearance rack for under $20.00.

Are the pants high waisted? Absolutely.
Do I have to cinch them with a belt so the will stay on? Darn straight.
Have I gotten some interesting looks when I go club hoppin' in my grandma pants? You better believe it.
I may look like an idiot on the outside, but I feel o' so comfortable within. And that's really what it's all about. 
Isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pumpkin As An Adult

The Brady's Brick Square

The Elder's Quorum Lesson

The Wonder Women Transportation Problem

The Toilet Paper Decision

The Revelation of Others