Here are some cool things that I learned in 2009:
- Doing an Olympic Triathlon without training is not as fun as you might imagine. Doing a 5K dressed as Santa is…priceless.
- Reading “Percy Jackson” “The Hunger Games” and “The Road” have brought back my love for reading. I find young adult fiction is just about my speed now days.
- I found that performing in “Savior of the World” as the angel Gabriel at the Conference Center is the best way to spend the holidays.
- Taking voice lessons by a qualified teacher instead of trying to learn from Lady Gaga music videos makes a huge difference.
- Buying my clothes at Wal-mart instead of Eddie Bauer has taken some getting used to but I have found the difference is negligible. Exploited children in China make a pretty good shirt and pant combo.
- Movies like “Up” “Star Trek” and “The Proposal” make me happy to pay $8.00 for a movie ticket. Movies like “Transformers 2”, “GI Joe”, and “Wolverine”…not so much.
- I found that living alone can be…ya know…lonely. But I have been grateful for new friends made, and old friendships rekindled.
- To see my parents leave on a mission to Turkey for two years made me realize that, yes, I am a momma’s boy.
- I have a real fear of commitment. I can’t even join a gym because they require at least a year membership.
- I learned to cook some good meals this year: Black Bean Soup, Chicken Tika Massala, and…please hold your applause to the end…Chicken Enchilada Casserole. I alternate between these three dishes every week. I clean them out faster than a fat mans eating hand.
May 2010 bring some new challenges, some new recipes, new friends, and at least two dates.
Friends, have a fantastic New Year!