The Meet and Greet

So I have this neighbor and every now and again we are at the mailboxes at the same time. So I thought I would be neighborly and say “hello”.

Well as I said “hello” he didn’t even look at me and just passed on by. “That’s strange.”, I thought.

I let it go because he is an older man and I thought didn’t hear me. No big deal.

So the next time I passed him on the side walk and I looked directly in his eyes, and in a elevated tone said, “How’s it going?”

Nothing. No smile. No acknowledgement. He just kept moving on down the side walk.

So earlier this week I passed him again on the sidewalk and noticed he had on a missionary tag from my church. So I thought maybe he is from another country and doesn’t speak the english too good.

Fine, I could deal with the language barrier. So I waved furiously and stooped down to his eye level, hoping to get some sort of friendly nod. (FYI. Squatting, walking, and waving. Not a good look for a man).

Again nothing.

So now I am really angry at this guy, because I want to be his friend, dangit. Doesn’t he know how nice and I am. Who wouldn’t want me as a friend. I’m fantastic!

So I decided the next time I pass him on the sidewalk I am going to “goose” him.

I have found that a friendly “goose” crosses all sorts of barriers, language or otherwise.

I think he will get a kick out of it…or it will freak him out and he will run away from me whenever I approach. If that happens at least we won’t still have the awkwardness at the mailboxes.

Either way it’s a win-win friends.

Comments

Erin said…
Oh, I love it! Give him a good goosin'!

Seriously, why isn't the dude saying hello?!
Missy said…
ROFL! I love you Rob! You're awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pumpkin As An Adult

The Brady's Brick Square

The Elder's Quorum Lesson

The Wonder Women Transportation Problem

The Toilet Paper Decision

The Revelation of Others