Monday, February 1, 2010

The Upward Climb

Don’t you wish you could be better? That your heart would be pure and you would only think good about others and their efforts.

I think this way everytime anyone is church says, “Brothers and Sisters we must go out and do our duty (or doodie as I interpret it), and I have to excuse myself from the meeting because I am about to burst with laughter.

Or when someone is giving their heart and soul to a musical number in church that has taken a bad turn, and you know that if any one so much as looks at you, you are going to laugh all over the place.

I long for the day when I will see the world with a pure heart and will be able to sit through bad musical numbers without judgment and/or laughter. When I will see people for their good hearts and not their tacky outfits and bad hair cuts. Someday, somewhere I’ll find a new way of living….

But for now, I will just keep trying to hold it in.

Brothers and Sister I will go out and do my duty! (he he)

9 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I can only imagine what word will pop into my mind the next time I hear 'duty' at church. Ü

ToOdLeS.

ps. I have a natural way of hearing things funny and laughing when I shouldn't. I was recently told I need to use proper punctuation in my speech and that will detour improper thoughts on behalf of those listening.

Katie said...

I can sooo hear you saying duty... just like you did when we were policemen in 'Pirates' a hundred years ago. You were so awesome.

Kimi D said...

um...guilty

Bart said...

You'll find a way of forgiving.
Somewhere ...
There's a place for you.

Jill said...

What will cure that is aging. Something about growing older makes me feel more emphatic to mistakes. I guess I sort of feel like a mother to everyone now.

Carrot Jello said...

In the words of Miley Cyrus,
"Ain't about how fast I get there, Ain't about what's waiting on the other si-i-i-i-i-de, it's the climb..."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hi everybody


just registered and put on my todo list


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.