The Weepy Barber

So yesterday I went to get my hair cut, down to “Hair-a-dise City”.

I was in a desperate need of a crew cut, stat.

So I showed up only to realize that there were four other guys also in need a solid crew cut to start spring, so I braced myself for a wait.

As I was waiting for my “crew” to be “cut”, one of the ladies, who was cutting a little girls hair at the time, received a phone call, so naturally I eavesdropped on her conversation.

I couldn’t really hear the whole conversation over the cutting shears, but here is the jest of her conversation:

“Hello, this is Hair-a-dise City, where the grass is green and your hair is pretty. How may I help you?”

“Yeah”

“OK. Bye”

And that’s when the tears started. I don't know what was said on the other side of that phone but this girl didn't get “misty”, we are talking full on tears, with little gasps in between them.

So, all five of us reacted as most men do when a female cries, fained like we were a sleep or acted like we were intently texting someone.

To my surprise, after she hung up the phone, still sobbing, she just went right back to cutting this little girl’s hair. The little girl and her father didn’t know what to make of this, so all us at "Hair-a-dise City" were silent except for her occasional sniffles.

Now what is right thing to do here friends?

Should I go take the shears out of her hand, and hold her?

Should I try to cut this young girl’s hair and go tell this sweet sister to go lie down with a cold compress?

Well, someone had to do something because can you imagine what kind of a haircut she would give if those were angry tears streaming down her face?

And now days later, I can verify that those were angry tears she was crying, as per my terrible haircut.

I feel I can only blame myself.

Why are men programmed to become socially retarded when women start crying? It's hard to say.

Comments

Carrot Jello said…
Oh won't you please take me...to get my haircut there?
Megann said…
Ha,ha,ha!!! There's nothing worse then an angry haircut!! Where's little Penny when you need her?!

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pumpkin As An Adult

The Brady's Brick Square

The Elder's Quorum Lesson

The Wonder Women Transportation Problem

The Toilet Paper Decision

The Revelation of Others