The Party Great Escape

Friends, I am not much of a party goer. In fact, if I am being honest, and I would like to think that I am, I HATE parties. I shouldn't say "hate", I like parties that have, oh I don't know, maybe 2-3 people attending. Once we hit 4 people in one room, socially I feel obligated to leave. It's too loud and the social responsibility to talk to all those people is just too much. Am I right?

Last night, I attended a party. When I entered the party there was about 3 people mulling around. We had appetizers, we shared some laughs, it was fantastic.

15 minutes later, all of a sudden there was a steady stream of people flooding the party. Little by little I was pushed into the breakfast nook holding my virgin mint julep and meatball on a tooth pick. I couldn't hear, and I really wasn't the center of attention any more. At this point the voice inside me said, "Um-kay, it's time to go,"

There was a slight problem friends, there was a sea of people between me and the door. Nursing my virgin mint julep, I began formulating a plan.

Now, I know that it is polite to say thank you to the host and all those who planned the party before you leave, but I always worry that they will try to persuade me to stay, because I am so funny and do crazy karaoke (you should see me do "Islands In The Stream. I can do both Dolly and Kenny. It's amazing!), and because I am socially weak and have no backbone, I will usually cave and stay until late into the morning, just out of obligation.

That couldn't happen if I avoided the host all together. Ahhhh (with my voice going up at the end).

So, I put my virgin mint julep down and slowing starting making my way to the door while pretending I was looking at the karaoke selections, but as I was almost do the there the host stepped right in front of the door and began convincing another guest who was leaving to stay.

CRAP!

I dodged to the left and made my way back to the breakfast nook to catch my breath. That is when the singing of "Happy Birthday" started and an idea emerged.

I looked to the front door, but it was still blocked by the host. So I slowly made my way to the patio door that was slightly ajar. While the song was being sung the lights went out. As the birthday girl took in a deep breath to blow out the candles, I slowly opened the sliding glass door. As she blew out the candles, like a ghost I was gone. Sometimes friends, I impress myself greatly.

Now, I did have to have to walk through the spooky woods, run through the sprinklers that were watering her backyard, and get chased by a dog to get to my car, but other than that no problems.

PURE GENIUS.


Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pumpkin As An Adult

The Brady's Brick Square

The Elder's Quorum Lesson

The Wonder Women Transportation Problem

The Toilet Paper Decision

The Revelation of Others