The Cutting of the Cheese

So yesterday our ward got to serve at the LDS Dairy, packing cheese

And do you know what my job was?

Wrong. I didn’t pack the cheese. I got to cut the cheese.

I cut cheese for 5 solid hours. And friends, I cut it long and I cut it hard.

The supervisor said that she had never seen anyone cut the cheese as well as I did. She said that I had a real talent in cutting the cheese.

Although, I always knew that I had some natural raw talent in cutting cheese, as I cut cheese at home on occasion, it was nice that someone else acknowledged my gift.

Sometimes, people get angry when I cut cheese around them, but why should I hid this talent under a bushel? Shouldn’t I let it shine as the primary song says?

If you are looking to have someone cut cheese at your next party or family gathering please call me.

If you have never been a 14 year old boy you may not appreciate this entry as much as you should.

In all seriousness, at the dairy they use such phrases as:
            “Who wants to volunteer to cut cheese?”
or
            “Bretheren you need to stop throwing butter at each other and get serious about cutting cheese!”

No one around me thought is was funny, probably because they are so spiritual.
But as for me and my house I almost fell over laughing whenever they said “cut the cheese”.

You would think that being 25 years old, excuse me 35 years old, no I am sorry, 36 years old,  that I would have matured past laughing at things that are so juvenile and crass.

But your still reading this so what does that say about you?

Comments

Marilyn Abney said…
MMMMMM.....mmmmmmm! Rob, you are a "cut-up". Cuttin the rug, cuttin the cheese, cuttin up about anything...you are funny. Thanks for the laugh today!
Sara White said…
Trust me, as a mother of 4 boys and wife of a 39 year old man, I know all about cutting the cheese and the giggling that goes along with it! They never (and I mean ALL of them) will never grow tired of cutting the cheese for a good laugh.
Jill said…
Ahh...the smell of freshly cut cheese.

I am sure it will come as no surprise to you that I laughed my head off as I read this post to Mike.
Carrot Jello said…
I saw a t-shirt at Ross and thought of you. It was a cut tree on the ground, and it said "Who cut one?"
I admit it, I laughed.
I was laughing inside, long and hard, until I saw the mistaken use of "your" instead of "you're" in the last sentence. Then I cried.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pumpkin As An Adult

The Brady's Brick Square

The Elder's Quorum Lesson

The Wonder Women Transportation Problem

The Toilet Paper Decision

The Revelation of Others