Southern Utah

Well I got to attend my first away conference for work in St. George. I must admit it was fun to have someone pay for your hotel, food and pay you for being in a cool place like St. George.

Friends, I have to be honest I never have found the joy or beauty in St. George. Every time I go there I feel like I am melting into the concrete. How can anyone enjoy a place where it is so blasted hot? The last time I was there I thought it would be a good idea to lay out by the pool to avoid the sun but I spent most of the afternoon under my towel in the fetal position because I could feel my skin burning, frying I tell you. The desert is not my favorite. Looking over the vast expanse of nothing making me feel so lonely.

My stay this time was so very nice. The weather was cool, and for the first time I could see the beauty of the red rock. One night I didn't have access to a car so after our classes I just put on my tenni runners and walked the streets of old St. George. I ended up at the St. George temple. Have you all seen this temple? It is so beautiful. It is so different looking than the others. And it just pops off the red rock.

My last night there I stole my co-workers car keys while she was at dinner and headed to Tuachan. It was my first time there so I was excited to see what that was all about. I was running a bit late and arrived right when the show was starting. I ran to the ticket window and asked if I could hurry and get tickets and she just handed me a ticket and told me to enjoy the show. I didn't have to pay a dime! And my sit was 7 rows back in the center. Thank you sweet box office girl. The show was fantastic. How would it be to sing like that? To just open your mouth and let out a beautiful sound, to not feel limited by range or technical things but feel confident to sing your heart out into the audience.

Comments

Heidi said…
Whoa. By chance, was it Friday night and Les Miserables? Because my good friend (who is a vocal coach) was down there on Friday night to see J. Michael Bailey (the understudy) play Valjean and she sat in the 13th row... From what she says, he has an amazing voice. Makes me wish I had started formal vocal training much earlier. :)
Erin said…
I am a bit jealous that you got to see Les Mis. I've been wanting to head down there all summer to see it. Hmm... maybe I still will!
Glad you were able to appreciate the beauty of the red rock. I've gotta be honest, I really love it down south. It's so rough and rugged. However, I am also a fan of the green, rolling hills of the north.
Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pumpkin As An Adult

The Brady's Brick Square

The Elder's Quorum Lesson

The Wonder Women Transportation Problem

The Toilet Paper Decision

The Revelation of Others