The Dicky

Is it possible that “Dickys” aren’t as popular as I think they are?

My co-worker came into my office today and said, “You look nice in your turtleneck/Halloween sweater combination."

Whereupon I told her, “First of all, stop hitting on me. And secondly, it is still too warm to wear both a turtle neck and sweater. So I am wearing a “Dicky” in lieu of a turtleneck.

To which she asked, “What is a “Dicky?

And I was all, like, “Really? Only the greatest invention of our time!

So for those who have been living under a rock the past, oh I don’t know, like 20 years. A “Dicky” or, “Dickay” as they say it in France, is a shirt with no sleeves or a body, just a collar, or a neck…if we are talking along the lines of turtle necks.


All you ladies who are looking for a great gift for you husband, lover, or significant other…the “Dicky” is the answer for you!

They are cheap, look good in summer or winter. And because they come in a wide variety of colors they make a lovely addition to that tank top or festive Christmas sweater.

So, buy your man a “Dicky” today and he won’t let you forget it the rest of the year.

Comments

my man already has a dicky.

sorry. you know someone was going to say it! but everyone was thinking it!
Megs said…
I can't believe Paige said that!! I also can't believe people wouldn't know what a dicky is. Hello, have they not seen the best movie scene ever from Christmas Vacation. Thanks for a great holiday gift idea.
Trisha said…
Well when you ARE wearing your dicky, dickie or dickay, I have some etiquette advice for you...best appreciated by visiting this post on my blog so you get the visual:
http://blog.christmassweaterfun.com/

@Megs...this photo is also a reference to the Christmas Vacation outfit you mentioned :D

Enjoy :D

Trisha
Greg said…
paige, for shame. hahaha

megan, i knew what a dicky was, but i didn't even consider it for holiday wear. i always wear mine to the beach. the only thing better than my speedo tan, is my speedo/dicky tan.
Carol said…
Was it you who called that tuft of hair peaking out of any man's shirt a "hair dicky"? ha. And honestly, i kind of wish these would come back -- getting the layered look without the heat and sweat sounds good to me. Thanks for making me smile.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pumpkin As An Adult

The Brady's Brick Square

The Elder's Quorum Lesson

The Wonder Women Transportation Problem

The Toilet Paper Decision

The Revelation of Others